Welcome! Thanks for your interest in consigning with Women's Resale.
What exactly is a consignor anyway? A consignor is an individual who sets prices on their own personal items and then brings them to our sale to be sold. After the sale, you will be sent a check for the value of your items that were sold. Each consignor will be assigned a consignor number to keep track of their items during the sale.
Before you get your own consignor number, there are a few things we need to go over:
- Quality Standards
- Consignor Responsibilities
- Consignor Help and Support
- Consignor Drop Off
- Consignor Pick Up
- Consignor Agreement
Let’s get started!
Women’s Resale strives to provide the best possible experience for our Shoppers. Part of that experience is ensuring the items available at the event are held to a high quality standard. Keeping the quality level high not only benefits shoppers, but it ensures you – as a Consignor – see the highest return on the time you spend tagging. Please only list items that you yourself would consider purchasing.
Consigned items shall:
- Be new or in gently-used condition
- Be clean and freshly laundered
- Be in CURRENT style
- Have all pieces included
- Have honest descriptions
- Worn-out, faded, or stained
- Dirty or have an offensive odor
- Missing critical pieces
- Broken or inoperable
- Deceptively packaged or described
When you register to consign in Women's Resale, you are responsible for:
- Listing a minimum of 15 items
- Ensuring your items are of a CURRENT style
- Accurately describing your item on the tag
- Securely packaging your items
Consignor Help and Support
We have several resources available on our Rugrats page to help Consignors with everything from how to use MyRugrats to how to package shoes for the sale! Although these tips were created for the Rugrats children’s sale, they are still applicable to the women’s sale.
- Our Tagging page walks Consignors completely through the pricing and tagging process. It contains MyRugrats video demos and instructions for packaging your items.
- There is a Rugrats Consignor Support Facebook group available! This group gets pretty active leading up to the sale and is a great way to crowdsource answers to any questions you may have.
- While on Facebook, be sure to Like Women’s Resale and RSVP for the upcoming sale event to keep up with the latest information about the sale.
- Finally, you can reach us directly through our Contact Us page.
Consignor Drop Off and Inspection
Drop off is the process of delivering your tagged items to the sale location, getting them inspected, and helping to place them on the floor. Drop off is by appointment only. You will need to sign up for a drop off appointment through MyResale after creating an account and registering for the upcoming sale. Drop off appointments are generally made available one month before the upcoming sale.
During your drop off appointment, a volunteer will check you in and make sure your items are:
- Properly tagged following our Tagging Instructions
- In line with our Quality Standards
- Permitted according to Accepted Items
Consignors with more than 300 items are asked to schedule their drop off appointment as early in the day as possible. If you are consigning a large number of items, we encourage all Consignors to bring some help to keep things moving.
To ensure a quick and smooth drop off, you are expected to:
- Arrive a few minutes early to check in
- Have your first load in the building and ready to check in at your scheduled time
- Group your clothing items by size and gender prior to arriving
- Put your items in the correct area on the sale floor
Consignor Pick Up
Pick up is generally 4:30pm-5:30pm on the Half Price Sale day. The final time will be communicated via email prior to the sale. During pick up, you will have an opportunity to pick up all of your items that were not sold during the sale or marked to donate to charity.
Please keep the following in mind during Consignor pick up:
- Items will not be ready for pick up early.
- Check in with a volunteer before entering the sale floor.
- Check the “Lost Tags” cart for any of your items.
- Check the back wall and clothing racks for overflow items.
- Go through your items to verify you are only taking your items home with you.
- Be sure to leave with all of your items.
- Items not picked up by 5:30pm will be considered abandoned and become the property of Rugrats Resale.
MyResale is the online tagging and inventory management system used by Women's Resale. MyResale handles item tag generation and helps you manage your inventory across multiple sales. Creating an account with MyResale is free.
To register as a Consignor, you will need to create an account with MyResale. The confirmation email you will receive after registering will contain your Consignor number. This number is important for identifying you and will be used frequently during your interactions with Women's Resale. If you have a Consignor number with Rugrats, you can request that number during registration to make inventory transfers between Rugrats Resale and Women's Resale possible. If no number is entered, you will be assigned a new number.
Be sure to enter your contact information carefully. We only send consignment checks to the address listed in MyResale. Email is the primary communication tool we use to notify Consignors of upcoming dates and important information. Should a problem arise during the sale, it is important that your phone number is correct so we can contact you quickly.
Once you receive your consignor number, you can log into MyResale anytime by clicking the “Consignor Login” link on the top menu of our website.
After you are logged in, you will need to register for our upcoming sale. Registering for a sale lets us know that you plan to list items for the sale. During sale registration, you will have the opportunity to update your contact information and read the latest Consignor Agreement. It is important to carefully read and understand the Consignor Agreement each time you register for a sale as it is subject to change from sale to sale. Please only register for an upcoming sale if you plan to drop items off for that sale.
Click here to see the Consignor Agreement